Friends of GTAV
The Background :
The Geography Teachers’ Association of Victoria Inc. (GTAV) recognises that once having taught Geography, there develops a life long passion for the subject.
Geographers are renowned for their enthusiasm, their willingness to share their ideas and resources and their capacity to develop networks of support. The GTAV is keen to facilitate Geographers staying in touch with colleagues and keeping up to date with the latest information on the subject – hence the formation of “Friends” of the GTAV.
The Opportunity :
The GTAV invites Geographers who are no longer working full time in the classroom in an ongoing position, to become an Associate Member of the organisation.
The Benefits :
Associate member benefits include:
- Keeping up to date with all the latest Geography news and ideas – especially important in the roll out of the Australian Curriculum: Geography
- Attendance at the Founders’ keynote speech with lunch included on Day One of the highly regarded GTAV Annual Conference in August
- Member rates for our quality resources
- Access to “Members Only” area of the GTAV website
- 4 copies of the award winning journal Interaction (online)
- An invitation to the GTAV Patron’s Function (including the AGM)
How to Join “Friends of the GTAV” :
Complete the GTAV membership form ‘Friends of the GTAV’