Attention: VCE Examination Report Now Available
20 Mar 17
Dear VCE Geography Teachers,
Here are the final pieces of the VCE Geography Implementation puzzle, with links together in one email
- The GTAV Meet the Examiners evening on 20 April will again be an essential event on the calendar for teachers.This year we will also offer it via Webinar.
Full details and bookings
- Please strongly encourage your students to come to our GTAV Student Lectures.
They are really essential! Country students can attend via Webinar
Enrol 5 students and you can come for free!
- GTAV/VCAA are running a free Webinar for rural/remote/country teachers on 21 March at 3:45 pm.This will address specific issues regarding land use change in rural/regional fieldwork sites.
- The 2016 Examination Paper is live on the VCAA web page.
- The 2016 Examination Report has just been published.
- Please read the Report and bring to the Meet the Examiners Evening with the Study Design and Examination paper.
- The 2016 School-assessed Coursework Report has also just been published.
- Please encourage all of your VCE Unit 3 / 4 students to attend our GTAV Student Lectures and you are warmly invited to attend our other essential VCE Geography events.
GTAV VCE Geography Student Lectures
The very popular student lectures provided by the GTAV are recognised as providing the best preparation for VCE success. Book for a single lecture or obtain a discount if you book a multi lecture ticket. Teachers attend FREE when you are accompanying 5 or more students.
More Professional Learning Opportunities
- Deadline for Moreton Bay TeachLive - Application is 15 March
Free places for Victorian Geography teachers still available!
- Our road tours with the HTAV to rural Victoria continues with Primary Curriculum Geography and History in Swan Hill Wednesday March and Secondary Curriculum Thursday 30 March.
- Google Earth - Essentials for teaching Geography on Wednesday 26 April after school at Mazenod College Mulgave with Adrian De Fanti
More events will become live soon for booking on our web page Professional Learning Calendar including:
- Rob Gell's Patron's Forum on the 10 May
- STEM in the Outdoors Primary Conference at Melbourne Museum on the 29 May
- Help! I'm teaching Geography next Semester! on Friday 16 June